3 Face Terror Charges in Belgium After Attacks


The Belgian federal prosecutor's office charged three men Saturday as part of widespread anti-terror operations following this week's attacks in Brussels that killed 28 people and injured 340 others.
All three men were charged with participation in the activities of a terrorist group, according to a statement from the prosecutor's office. One of the men, identified only as Faycal C., was also charged with terrorist murder and attempt of terrorist murder in connection with the attacks in Brussels, the statement said.
Another of the men, identified as Rabah N., was charged in connection with a terror plot in France that was foiled by police, according to the statement. The prosecutor's office didn't say what led to the arrest of the third man, identified as Aboubakar A.
In Germany, police and prosecutors are investigating whether a 28-year-old Moroccan man arrested at a German train station with no valid identification Thursday has connections to the Brussels attackers, police said. Police found documents on him suggesting he had been in Brussels recently and police learned he had entered Germany several times under different aliases, according to a police press statement.
Amid the raids and arrests, a man was shot by law enforcement officials Friday at a Brussels tram station. In video obtained by ABC News, he was seen being dragged away by police.

0 comments:

Post a Comment